The movie, Breakthrough, is based on the true story of one mom’s unfailing love despite being up against impossible odds.
When Joyce Smith’s adopted son, John, falls through a frozen Missouri lake, hope for his life had ended. Watching her some lay there, lifeless, Joyce refuses to give up her faith. Her unwavering belief that he will return to health inspires those surrounding her to pray for his full recovery- despite every bad prediction, and case history.
Produced by DeVon Franklin (Miracles From Heaven), and based on Joyce Smith’s own book, Breakthrough reminds us that if we maintain our faith, it can create a mountain of hope evolving into a miracle.
Other well known actors in this cast are:
- Chrissy Metz (This Is Us) as Joyce Smith
- Josh Lucas (Yellowstone, SWEET HOME ALABAMA) as Brian Smith Topher Grace (SPIDER-MAN 3, That ‘70s Show) as Pastor Jason Noble Mike Colter (Luke Cage) as Tommy Shine
- Marcel Ruiz (One Day at a Time) as John Smith
- Dennis Haysbert (24, THE DARK TOWER)
- Sam Trammell (This Is Us, True Blood)
Faith Filled Family’s Helen Murray interviewed Pastor Jason Noble and received what the event was really like as it unfolded. He speaks of Joyce Smith’s strong, unmovable faith, and the fact that they just knew that God was about to do a miracle in the life of this young boy.
Breakthrough will be premiering April 17. Further information can be found here.
Pastor Jason Noble’s account of the events and what the family went through to receive their miracle can be found in our May issue of Faith Filled Family Magazine.
- Pregnancy Impacts Your Future: Why It Takes Two - September 3, 2019
- Broken Parental Bonds: Set Boundaries Or Walk Away - September 2, 2019
- Religion In School: Can A Balance Truly Exist? - August 7, 2019
- Why “Luck” Has Nothing To Do With Success - July 6, 2019
- Between Us Guys Shows Importance Of Father/Son Dynamic - June 25, 2019
- First-Time Parent And Don’t Know What To Expect? - May 24, 2019
- Breakthrough Movie: How Deep Is A Mother’s Faith? - April 9, 2019
- “No”: Rejecting The Idea Or Rejecting You? - April 4, 2019
- Not Feeling It- How Do I Forgive You When I’m Angry? - March 27, 2019
- Do You Have Grace And Guts When Faced With Adversity? - March 21, 2019