A grassroots movement is turning frustration at the public school system regarding sex education into action. These concerned parents want to end the sexualization of their children during class time. Therefore, in protest, they are holding a “Sex Ed Sit Out” on Monday, April 23, 2018.
The protest originated by a few moms on social media who expressed a concern about the graphic nature of the sex education resources in their local schools. Since that time, the movement has grown globally with protest being planned in the U.S., Canada, and Australia.
Concerned parents of the movement want to know why their kids are being taught how to have anal/oral sex, masturbate one another, and question their gender. Caryl Ayala who is a former pubic school teacher and Austin, Texas organizer commented, “We are uniting with parents across the globe to demand that our rights as parents be respected regarding the teaching of sexuality and sexual orientation. Hands off our kids!”
Rocklin, California and Fairfax County, Virginia have recently made headlines due to controversial gender-bending, graphic sex education and anti-bullying programs. Parents were uninformed by the school that these programs were even being taught to their children- some of which were only five years old.
“Why are our tax dollars going to pay for curriculums and resources that teach dangerous and promiscuous behaviors which most parents find morally abhorrent and the CDC [Centers for Disease Control] has stated are a health risk?” questioned Elizabeth Johnston, viral activist blogger and concerned mother. “Furthermore, why aren’t administrators being transparent with parents about the content of sexuality resources? It’s as if they have something to hide. That should frighten parents everywhere.”
“Follow the money. Comprehensive sex ed is being rolled out across America, often sponsored by special interest LGBT groups like Human Rights Campaign, and disguised as anti-bullying programs.” commented Rhonda Miller, Education Chairwoman of the Indiana Liberty Coalition to CitizenGo. “If it’s not okay for special interest groups like the NRA [National Rifle Association] to be buying classroom time to push their agenda, then how is it okay for HRC monies to be buying schools off to teach gender-bending ideology and anal sex tutorials?”
On April 23rd, concerned parents in the United States, Australia, and Canada will be pulling their children out of school for the day in protest. Parents will be protesting dangerous and graphic sex education. They will be uniting at various places to hold press events and answer media questions. Events are planned for:
- Austin, Texas
- Bloomington, Indiana
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Sacramento, California
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Mulgrave, Victoria, Australia
- If You Knew The “Why” Behind A Warning…. - August 29, 2019
- Bitterness Is A Coping Skill For Pain- Not Just Anger - August 22, 2019
- Overcomer Movie: Can A Coach See Who He Truly Is? - August 22, 2019
- Christian Values: Did Society Uphold Or Erode Them? - July 31, 2019
- Kendrick Brothers Launch Another Stellar Movie - July 24, 2019
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019