Former Veteran Is Proud Of His Patriotism- Democrats Feel Otherwise
The source of “outrage” is an old Facebook post showing a picture of Mark Salvas and his wife with the words, “I stand for the flag, I kneel at the cross.”
Salvas was the former executive director of the Allegheny County Democratic Party in Pennsylvania. His comments on Facebook were a reaction to the NFL kneeling controversy. He felt that players should be able to kneel.
“That’s part of what the flag stands for. It gives them the right to do that,” Salvas said to ChristianHeadlines.com
Despite being dismayed at having been forced to resign, Salvas says that he has no regrets.
“I’m not ashamed of my patriotism, not one bit. I fought for this country. I think I have a right to have a voice and be patriotic,” the former executive director, Mark Salvas, told KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh.
Salvas served during the Gulf War.
In an interview with KDKA, Salvas stated that he was forced to resign due to the “controversy that was taking place on social media”. He mentions with sadness that many people whom he never met became accusatory, and began to call him names.
Ed Gainey, who is the Pennsylvania state representative, commented that the post offended many Democrats.
“To put that up on Facebook was, to me, insensitive, also to African Americans, who, as you know, have backed the Democratic Party for quite a long time, and everybody knows that it was insensitive,” Gainey told KDKA. “If you’re going to be executive director of the Democratic Party, you have to be sensitive to things like that.”
Video from his interview with KDKA can be viewed: https://cbsloc.al/2A3W8HK
- If You Knew The “Why” Behind A Warning…. - August 29, 2019
- Bitterness Is A Coping Skill For Pain- Not Just Anger - August 22, 2019
- Overcomer Movie: Can A Coach See Who He Truly Is? - August 22, 2019
- Christian Values: Did Society Uphold Or Erode Them? - July 31, 2019
- Kendrick Brothers Launch Another Stellar Movie - July 24, 2019
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019