Setting the scene:
Ingredients for a hospitable Christian home:
- A Welcoming Heart
- A pot of tea (or coffee) and a dessert
- A simply cooked meal
- Willingness to listen to our visitors worries or concerns
- Mix well and repeat often!
Sunday School Lesson plan:
- Do your parents invite people over for dinner?
- What do you do when the visitors arrive?
- How do you make them feel welcome?
- What is the first thing that you say when you open the door?
Bible verses about practicing hospitality:
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
1 Peter 4:9
Show hospitality to one another without grumbling.
Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.
Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?
- At School: “Fit In” Or Follow Christ? - August 28, 2019
- Samaritan Woman Draws Water At Noon. The Reason? - April 1, 2019
- Happiness & Joy Are Different… Seek Joy! - March 28, 2019
- 5 Fun Family Tips For Lent - March 4, 2019
- Commit to Solutions, Not Resolutions This New Year! - January 3, 2019
- Avoid Family Conflicts This Christmas Season - December 11, 2018
- Hospitality Taught At Home Warms Visitor’s Hearts - October 22, 2018
- War And Peace: Winning The Homework Battles - September 12, 2018
- Why Does Time For Ourselves Evoke Guilty Feelings? - August 24, 2018
- Going On Vacation? Ensure That Your Prayers Don’t Take One, Too! - August 2, 2018