I Can Only Imagine Movie Exceeds Expectations!
The Christian-themed movie, “I Can Only Imagine“, pulled ahead of Disney’s movie (based on the book), “A Wrinkle In Time” which has been purported to have all of the original Christian elements removed by the screenwriter.
I Can Only Imagine movie recounts the story of Bart Millard who was the lead singer for MercyMe, and what led him to write his most well-known single, I Can Only Imagine. The movie itself is very compelling, and draws viewers directly into the storyline emotionally. It is no surprise that it has become a box-office hit!
Millard informed CBN News in Nashville that following the film’s premiere, the filmmakers did an excellent job at capturing the heart of the story.
“The first time I saw it, it was really emotional,” Millard commented. “I guess they did a good job because they stirred some emotions that I spent most of my life trying to bury.”
I Can Only Imagine movie did better than anticipated by nearly doubling its expected outcome by bringing in $17.1 million across North America. This week, it came in third behind Tomb Raider, and Marvel’s Black Panther. More interestingly, Tomb Raider had a budget of $94 million, which I Can Only Imagine was $7 million. Additionally, Tomb Raider opened in twice as many theatres (3,854 to 1,629) and only beat I Can Only Imagine by $6 million to take second.
Critics from CBN News report that the other Christian movie, “A Wrinkle In Time” is playing in 3,980 theatres, but isn’t as popular as was expected. It is believed that the reason for the decline in viewership was due to the removal of the Christian themes from the novel, and replaced by a more “new age” agenda. The goal of the writing was to be more inclusive, thereby not eliminating any one religion from receiving from the movie. Unfortunately, many of the scriptural references were removed.
For those who haven’t yet seen I Can Only Imagine movie, it is a definite “must see! The trailer for this movie is listed below.
Think that it will make it to #1?
- If You Knew The “Why” Behind A Warning…. - August 29, 2019
- Bitterness Is A Coping Skill For Pain- Not Just Anger - August 22, 2019
- Overcomer Movie: Can A Coach See Who He Truly Is? - August 22, 2019
- Christian Values: Did Society Uphold Or Erode Them? - July 31, 2019
- Kendrick Brothers Launch Another Stellar Movie - July 24, 2019
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019