“For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.” Matthew 6:14-15
There are occasions where forgiving someone is easier said than done. This is especially true in the areas of abuse, neglect, abandonment, and issues concerning a violations of trust/safety in a relationship. At the core, we expect our relationships to make us feel secure, loved, and valued. When issues arise that are contradictory to this expectation, we feel either a sense of our boundaries being violated, or as if we were never good enough to begin with. Cases of neglect, abandonment and abuse leave its victims feeling as if they have little to no worth, because if the person truly cared about them, they would have either stuck around, or cared more. In all of these situations, needs are being neglected, and our fundamental systems of beliefs are gradually being eroded over time.
Yet, God tells us to forgive. How do you do that?
First of all, forgiveness does not absolve someone of what they have done. This is something that they will be answerable to God for, and God will deal with them. Forgiveness means that you let go of the pain and anger that it attached to the individual. You simply let it go because in the end, it will destroy you in some form.
Randy Williams will discuss how to forgive those that violate you as in the cases of abuse, neglect, abandonment, and other issues. He will walk you through the pain and bad memories, into freedom. He will also teach you how to rebuild trust with this person (if possible), and re-establishing a relationship in the context of a marriage situation.
The road to healing and wholeness may be long, but the results are worth it. God can turn any negative experience into His glory, and it is not His desire that you be bound by the past. He wants you to walk in the freedom of the present and future. He also wants you to forgive, because in forgiveness, you release the other person.
Our next issue comes out on October 26, 2017 on the Faith Filled Family website, across our social media channels, and via our free email subscription.
- If You Knew The “Why” Behind A Warning…. - August 29, 2019
- Bitterness Is A Coping Skill For Pain- Not Just Anger - August 22, 2019
- Overcomer Movie: Can A Coach See Who He Truly Is? - August 22, 2019
- Christian Values: Did Society Uphold Or Erode Them? - July 31, 2019
- Kendrick Brothers Launch Another Stellar Movie - July 24, 2019
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019