On Friday, January 19th, thousands of pro-life supporters will participate in the 2018 annual March for Life in downtown Atlanta.
The event is sponsored by Georgia Right to Life (GRTL) and will commence at 11 a.m. with a prayer service at Liberty Plaza on Capitol Avenue across from the State Capitol.
Dr. James Marritt, who is a well known Christian speaker and senior pastor at Cross Pointe Church in Duluth, will be delivering the keynote address.
“There is no more noble cause in America than the efforts of pro-life advocates on behalf of the pre-born,” Dr. Merritt said. “I am excited to be a part of the 2018 March for Life and honored to be speaking the truth about one of the greatest moral issues of our day.”
Shannon Vogt, the GRTL Vice President, will be the master of ceremonies for the event, and Davis Posey will be giving testimony. Kurt Scobie will be leading praise, and the event will conclude with a silent, one-mile march through the streets of Atlanta.
“This is not just about remembering the more than 60 million children who never had a chance at life,” said GRTL President Ricardo Davis. “It’s also about the growing disregard for the elderly and infirm who are becoming viewed as not being worthy of life.”
Georgia Right to Life chapters in Augusta, Columbus, Macon, the Okefenokee area, Savannah and Warner Robins are also involved in events.
The driving force behind these nationwide events began in 1984 when President Ronald Reagan signed a proclamation stating January 22, 1984 as National Sanctity of Human Life Day.
Several decades later, January is now recognized as National Sanctity of Human Life Month.
- If You Knew The “Why” Behind A Warning…. - August 29, 2019
- Bitterness Is A Coping Skill For Pain- Not Just Anger - August 22, 2019
- Overcomer Movie: Can A Coach See Who He Truly Is? - August 22, 2019
- Christian Values: Did Society Uphold Or Erode Them? - July 31, 2019
- Kendrick Brothers Launch Another Stellar Movie - July 24, 2019
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019