Last week, the Supreme Court of British Columbia, Canada ruled that a fourteen year-old girl can receive testosterone (hormone) injections without parental consent.
Father Not Happy About Lack of Parental Consent Over Major Decision
Initially, the mother was fine with the treatment, but the father was concerned and wanted to wait until the girl was more mature before making such an important decision.
Hursh said that under the BC Infants Act he could complete the hormone treatments with the girl’s consent. However, the girl’s father placed an injunction.
The Supreme Court ruled that the girl could exclusively consent to treatment for gender dysphoria.
“Attempting to persuade [the girl, identified by a pseudonym, Maxine] to abandon treatment for gender dysphoria; addressing [Maxine] by his birth name; referring to [Maxine] as a girl or with female pronouns whether to him directly or to third parties; shall be considered to be family violence under s. 38 of the Family Law Act.”
The father was not happy, however, and had indicated that he felt the government had taken over his parental rights over his child.
He claims that they are using the girl as if she is a “guinea pig in an experiment”. He additionally pointed out whether BC Children’s Hospital is going to be around in five years when she rejects her male identity.
He commented that the hospitals don’t care, and that they are only interested in statistics.
The family will be appealing the case, and was willing to take it to the Supreme Court of Canada.
- If You Knew The “Why” Behind A Warning…. - August 29, 2019
- Bitterness Is A Coping Skill For Pain- Not Just Anger - August 22, 2019
- Overcomer Movie: Can A Coach See Who He Truly Is? - August 22, 2019
- Christian Values: Did Society Uphold Or Erode Them? - July 31, 2019
- Kendrick Brothers Launch Another Stellar Movie - July 24, 2019
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019