Yesterday, Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, returned home three United States men who had spent the previous 1-3 years in a North Korean prison. Kim Dong-Chul, Kim Hak-Song and Tony Kim were imprisoned were Christians, and ethnically Korean. Two were wrongfully accused of hostile acts which resulted in an arrest spring of 2017. The third, according to USA Today , was accused of supposedly spying on North Korea and attempting to steal military secrets for South Korea.
Fortunately, all three United States men appear to be in good health. Not everyone released from North Korea has been so blessed. Just last year, one American student was released from North Korea and was in a coma when released. He died soon after his return to the United States. Additionally, a pastor from Canada who was released last year, was also unwell after his release.
The three men released a statement on their way home thanking God, their families and friends who prayed for their safe return, according to USA Today.
Last week, Trump hinted at a possible release. North Korea’s release of the three United States men was done to prepare for the upcoming meeting between President Trump and Kim Jong-un later this year. The New York Times remarked that the release was an American condition to the planned nuclear talks.
- If You Knew The “Why” Behind A Warning…. - August 29, 2019
- Bitterness Is A Coping Skill For Pain- Not Just Anger - August 22, 2019
- Overcomer Movie: Can A Coach See Who He Truly Is? - August 22, 2019
- Christian Values: Did Society Uphold Or Erode Them? - July 31, 2019
- Kendrick Brothers Launch Another Stellar Movie - July 24, 2019
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019