We have all heard the scripture in Proverbs 22:6 which states, “Train up a child in the way he should go and He will never depart from it.”. Additionally, Ephesians 6:1-4 states, “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.” Yet, do we understand the fullness of this revelation? Moreover, that this verse does not just apply to your children, but to adults with parents as well.
Part of the revelation that comes from this scripture is the fact that if we obey our parents (assuming that they are not going against scripture), God promises us long life. It is a promise. But what is the significance of this promise? Why does simply obeying your parents come with a promise of longevity?
Moreover the closing of this scripture deals with how parents are to treat their children, and how to discipline them effectively. Are we, as parents, living up to this standard in raising our children?
Laura Linne will address the significance of obeying your parents (no matter what your age), and why God promises that it will lead to a long life. She will also discuss what to you with children who are rebellious and what happens if they refuse to listen. She will also extrapolate on how to get their attention.
There is a benefit to listening to our elders, and Laura Linne will uncover this potentially “little known” biblical secret!
Our September issue comes out on August 28, 2017!
- If You Knew The “Why” Behind A Warning…. - August 29, 2019
- Bitterness Is A Coping Skill For Pain- Not Just Anger - August 22, 2019
- Overcomer Movie: Can A Coach See Who He Truly Is? - August 22, 2019
- Christian Values: Did Society Uphold Or Erode Them? - July 31, 2019
- Kendrick Brothers Launch Another Stellar Movie - July 24, 2019
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019